Scripture Forge allows translators to edit Scripture collaboratively, using translation suggestions that actively learn and improve as the translation progresses.
It was so easy! ...all I had to do to get started was log in using my Paratext registration and boom! It was all there. Right away I chose a verse and wrote a checking question for it. Then I also recorded myself asking that checking question. It’s so great that feedback can be gathered either way
Scripture Forge is a web-based set of tools that allows you to do more with your Paratext project, wherever you are. Engage with the language community. Collaborate with your peers. Extend Your Reach with Scripture Checking. Scripture projects engage increasingly geographically diverse groups of heart language speakers. Our Community Checking tool facilitates modular Scripture checking campaigns, to deliver broader feedback to the translation committee, faster.
Scripture Forge also allows translators to edit Scripture collaboratively, using translation suggestions that actively learn and improve as the translation progresses.
Using a combination of rule-based methods, statistical approaches, and neural-network machine learning, Scripture Forge can make increasingly accurate translation predictions that make the translators’ job simpler and more efficient, and then bring in community members to collaborate on revision.
Get started with Scripture Forge Translation
Scripture Forge integrates tightly with Paratext, so the user first needs to be an administrator on a Paratext project.
Next, go to https://scriptureforge.org/login and login with your Paratext credentials.
After logging in, you should see a list of Paratext projects for which you are an administrator. Choose one of these projects to open in Scripture Forge.
As you open a Scripture text, you will see translation suggestions that you can accept or ignore. As you go on, the suggestions should become increasingly accurate and helpful!
Translation suggestions are designed for teams that are drafting Scripture from another translation in a related language. With the suggestion engine set up and trained, Scripture Forge offers Translators suggestions as they type.
- Translators can receive suggestions about how to translate the next word or phrase, as they type.
- They can hit ENTER or click on the suggestion to accept it, or hit ESC or continue typing to ignore it.
- The suggestion engine learns and provides better suggestions as each verse is translated.
Collaborating on Scripture
Translators can work on projects collaboratively, editing Scripture at the same time.
- Work with Translators in multiple locations on the same project.
- Collaborate on the same book, same chapter, or even the same verse.
- See other Translators’ edits in real time, as they type.
The Community Checking tool facilitates modular Scripture checking campaigns, to deliver broader feedback to the translation committee, faster.
- Paratext integration and ongoing synchronization keeps your project up-to-date and allows user feedback via Paratext Notes.
- Compile unique questions that fit your specific context.
- Invited users can answer questions, leave comments on existing answers and like responses.